What is heritage tourism to me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is heritage tourism to me

Post by MissKsenia on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Heritage tourism is a new term, which is not represented in the general classification of the tourism types, however, it is very actual and perspective direction of the tourism industry.
I, myself, faced with the fact that, when pronouncing the sentence in the society, people ask again, because they do not understand the meaning of this term.
These two words I heard for the first time, when I was involved in the Alector project.

So what is the heritage tourism and what are its prospects? Heritage tourism is an acquaintance, studying and immersion into the past of certain nations, based on surviving evidence of their existence (monuments, buildings, sculptures, institutions, documents, etc). It is focused on the area, in which the implementation of this type of tourism takes its place.
Sometimes heritage tourism is considered to be a part of cultural tourism. In my opinion, the heritage tourism has the following perspectives:
1) Regarding domestic tourism, often residents of a certain region or area live and do not know the history of their town or city.
And we all know, that everything in this life has its origin, facts and interesting events, that have led us to what we have nowadays. And maybe it's time to say thank you
to our ancestors, whose efforts paved the way of our life, the lifes of our society;
2) For external or international tourism, it is always interesting to learn interesting stories, participate in exciting activities, to try unique dishes, to dance unknown dances. Do you agree?
Maybe we should ask ourselves: "What do we know about the place, where we live?" And, by the way, when you find out, write down your thoughts. It would be interesting.
MissKsenia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is heritage tourism to me

Post by immediate94 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:28 pm

I think that one more perspective is to attract foreigners to visit a particular country, to feel like a native

immediate94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IManager on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:27 am

I think it would be interesting, if local government could arrange some events, about heritage history of our region or at leat city. It can be done easily, we just need to deside so. Photo exhibition of rare historical photographs of the town. A film about the formation and development of the most important aspects of the life of the local population. Visiting museums, we have several of them, and not every local resident had the time to go there, I am sure. It could be arranged in a day of the city (this festival people from different cities celebrate in Ukraine) . And if it would be free of charge, I think there would be many interested people to see that.

IManager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKsenia on Thu May 26, 2016 7:15 pm

IManager wrote:And if it would be free of charge, I think there would be many interested people to see that.

In Mariupol city, for example, threre are lots of excursions, which are quite affordable.
MissKsenia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IManager on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:14 am

The most attractive thing, which interests people, is usually rest at the beach. As I know, in Mariupol there is a great potential. If the fascilities near the sea could be built and somewhere restored, tourism here would be  raised in several times.

IManager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top